SixSq is currently recruiting a Clojure and Cloud Developer. As part of the SixSq core development team, the work will consist in further developing SlipStream, an open source multi-cloud management solution. The successful candidate will work in extending the product, using primarily the Clojure language and its eco-system. Since SlipStream still has Java elements, porting and reimplementation of Java logic into Clojure will also take place initially.
The developer will be involved in R&D projects, both in Europe and Switzerland. He/She will also be involved in the development roadmap of the SixSq products and services. Since each member of the team contributes to the support service, the successful candidate will be interfacing with customers and users, thus building handson knowledge.
Since SixSq operates as a start-up and follows the kanban agile methodology and elements of devops, the successful candidate must have demonstrated experience and appetit for operating in this mode.
The successful candidate must be able to strive in a start-up environment and a flat hierarchy.
The selected candidate will be located in Geneva, as part of the SixSq core team. Home working one day per week is possible but the candidate must be within daily commute distance from the Geneva office.
The position is an unlimited assignment and can only be via a direct Swiss employment contract.
The candidate must be a Swiss or European citizen or have a valid Swiss working permit.
Note: Placement agencies, please do not apply as we require direct assignment.
The selected candidate will receive intensive training on the core technologies of SixSq, as well as R&D projects currently running or about to kickoff.
Regular travels in Europe for short meetings should be expected.
The employment contract includes a standard package - e.g. 5 weeks holiday (plus public holiday), free public transport, private laptop.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience in working in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal teams, partners and customers
- Experience of Agile or Lean management practises (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, DevOps)
- Experience in working in an open source environment
- Ability to identify and share impediment
Nice to have
- Experience in providing content for dissemination purposes (e.g. social networks, blogs)
- Demonstrated experience in working on software systems, cloud services and technologies, as well as distributed systems
- Mastery of the Clojure language and its eco-system, including tools and libraries
- Good command of the Java language
- Experience in integration with Elasticsearch or other NoSQL databases
- Able to enunciate simple designs from high-level user story requirements, alone and in a small team
- Experience of the bash scripting language
- Experienced with Linux: CentOS and/or Ubuntu (all SixSq production services currently run on CentOS 7)
- Experienced with Mac products, including macOS
- Experience using cloud services and tools: Terraform, jclouds, libcloud, kubernetes, mesos…
- And other tools: vagrant, docker, …
Nice to have
- Knowledge of open source cloud solutions: OpenStack, CloudStack, EC2, vCloud…
- Experience in the Python language and its eco-system
- Experience in Clojurescript and its eco-system
- Pair programming experience
University Degree or equivalent in a technical discipline, including in-work experience
SixSq operates in English and French. All official documentation is written in English.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- French fluency would be an advantage
If you have any questions on the vacancy or SixSq, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Interested? Apply now by sending your CV, motivation letter and names of 3 references to email@example.com. Please clearly indicate your preferred starting date and salary expectations.
Or know someone who could do this? Share this position with a friend.