Creating Awesome User Experience
SixSq is currently recruiting a Web UI and Clojurescript Developer. As part of the SixSq core development team, the work will consist in further developing SlipStream, our open source multi-cloud and cloud-to-edge management platform.
You will focus on the Web User Interface (UI), both on the creative side as well as its implementation. The new UI is based on the Clojurescript language and its eco-system (e.g. React, Reagent, re-frame, Semantic UI).
As part of the SixSq DevOps team, you will also be involved in the development roadmap of the SixSq products and services. Since each member of the team contributes to the support service, you will be interfacing with customers and users, thus receiving direct feedback from users.
Since SixSq operates as a start-up and follows the kanban agile methodology and DevOps, you must have demonstrated experience and an appetite for operating in this mode. You therefore must be able to thrive in a start-up environment and a flat hierarchy.
The core of the SixSq DevOps team is located in Geneva. While remote work is possible, especially initially, we would prefer if the selected candidate was to eventually relocate to Geneva. SixSq employees often work one day per week from home.
Two possible employment models are:
- Unlimited assignment via a direct Swiss employment contract, with location in Geneva.
- Consultancy contract.
The employment contract includes a standard package - e.g. 5 weeks holiday (plus public holidays), free public transport in Geneva, private laptop, etc.
Upon starting the position, you will receive intensive training on the core technologies of SixSq, as well as our DevOps automation environment and the codebase.
Regular travels in Europe for short meetings should be expected.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
Management Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in working in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal teams, partners and customers
- Experience of Agile or Lean management practises (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, DevOps)
- Experience in working in an open source environment
- Ability to identify and share impediment
Nice to have
- Experience in providing content for dissemination purposes (e.g. social networks, blogs).
Technical Skills and Experience
- Experience in creating fun and user friendly web interfaces
- Mastery of the Clojurescript language and its eco-system, including tools and libraries
- Able to enunciate simple designs from high-level user story requirements, alone and in a small team
- Experienced with Linux: CentOS and/or Ubuntu (all SixSq production services currently run on CentOS 7)
- Experienced with Mac products, including MacOS
Nice to have
- Knowledge of the reframe/reagent/react framework
- Knowledge of open source cloud solutions: OpenStack, CloudStack, EC2, vCloud…
- Experience in the Python language and its eco-system
- Experience in Java and its eco-system
- Demonstrated experience in working on large software systems, cloud services and technologies
- Pair programming experience
Education and Experience
University Degree or equivalent in a technical discipline, or relevant work experience.
SixSq operates in English and French. All official documentation is written in English.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- French fluency would be an advantage
If you have any questions on the vacancy or SixSq, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Interested? Apply now by sending your CV, motivation letter and names of 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or know someone who could do this? Share this position with a friend.