Scale Edge-to-Cloud and Multi-Cloud Operations
SixSq is currently recruiting a lead operations developer who will improve and refine the processes around our production and pre-production services. These processes involve the deployment, maintenance, and support of our services on cloud and container infrastructures.
SlipStream, the foundation for SixSq’s Nuvla platform and NuvlaBox product, powers our Smart City, Smart Science and Industry 4.0 business. You, with the help of all DevOps team members, will ensure that Nuvla and its supporting services have high levels of reliability and availability.
As a member of the SixSq DevOps team, you will also be involved in the development of the SixSq products and services. Since each member of the team contributes to the support service, you will be interfacing with customers and users, thus receiving direct feedback from users.
Since SixSq operates as a start-up and follows the kanban agile methodology and DevOps, you must have demonstrated experience and an appetite for operating in this mode. You therefore must be able to thrive in a start-up environment with a flat hierarchy.
As part of the SixSq DevOps team, you are expected to be within daily commuting distance from the Geneva office. SixSq employees are permitted to and often do work from home one day per week. The employment contract includes a standard package - e.g. 5 weeks holiday (plus public holidays), reimbursement of a public transport pass in Geneva, work laptop, etc. Regular travel in Europe for short meetings should be expected.
Upon starting the position, you will receive intensive training on the core technologies of SixSq, current DevOps processes, and information about our engagements with our current clients and projects.
- Knowledge of best practices for the deployment and operation of production services
- Demonstrated experience in operating production services
- Knowledge of the tools and methods for operating services on cloud and container infrastructures
- Experience with Linux, e.g. CentOS and/or Ubuntu (most current production services run on CentOS 7)
- Experience with using public (e.g. AWS) and private (e.g. OpenStack) cloud services
- Experience with container orchestration engines, e.g. Docker Swarm and/or Kubernetes
Nice to have
- Knowledge of functional programming, especially with Clojure or ClojureScript
- Knowledge of the operation and use of Elasticsearch
- Experience with Mac products, including MacOS
- Ability to develop and implement effective, flexible processes
- Experience in Agile or Lean management practices (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, DevOps)
- Demonstrated experience in working in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal teams, partners and customers
- Experience in working in an open source environment
- Ability to identify, communicate, and resolve impediments
Nice to have
- Experience in working within international collaborations, particularly those arising from European H2020 projects
- Experience in providing content for dissemination purposes (e.g. social networks, blogs).
Education and Experience
University Degree or equivalent in a technical discipline, or relevant work experience.
SixSq operates in English and French. All official documentation is written in English.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- French fluency would be an advantage
Interested? Apply now by sending your CV, motivation letter, salary expectations, and names of 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions on the vacancy or SixSq, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Please do not apply, as we require direct assignment of our personnel.