Building distributed systems for edge-to-cloud and AI
SixSq is currently recruiting a Junior Python and Container Orchestration Developer. As part of the SixSq core development team, the work will consist of further developing Nuvla, an open source multi-cloud management solution. You will work in extending the product, using primarily the Python language and its eco-system, as well as Docker Swarm and Kubernetes container orchestration engines.
You will be involved in R&D projects, in collaboration with HES/SO (HEPIA and HEG). You will also be involved in the development roadmap of the SixSq products and services. Since each member of the team contributes to the support service, you will be interfacing with customers and users, thus building hands-on knowledge.
Since SixSq operates as a start-up and follows the kanban agile methodology and DevOps, you must have an appetite for operating in this mode. You therefore must be able to thrive in a start-up environment and a flat hierarchy.
The core of the SixSq DevOps team is located in Geneva.
The employment contract will be awarded by HES/SO.
Upon starting the position, you will receive intensive training on the core technologies of SixSq, as well as our DevOps automation environment and the codebase.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Interest in working in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal teams, partners and customers
- Experience or knowledge of Agile or Lean management practices (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, DevOps)
- Experience or knowledge of working with open source software
- Ability to identify and share impediments
- Knowledge of software systems, container technologies such as Docker, Docker Swarm and Kubernetes
- Good knowledge of the Python language and its eco-system, including tools and libraries
- Reasonable command of Bash
- Able to enunciate simple designs from high-level user story requirements, alone and in a small team
- Experience of Linux: CentOS and/or Ubuntu (all SixSq production services currently run on CentOS 7)
Nice to have
- Knowledge of cloud solutions: OpenStack, CloudStack, EC2, vCloud…
- Knowledge of Clojure and Clojurescript and its eco-system
- Pair programming experience
University Degree or equivalent in a technical discipline, or relevant work experience.
SixSq operates in English and French. All official documentation is written in English.
- Good spoken and written English
- French fluency would be an advantage
If you have any questions on the vacancy or SixSq, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Interested? Apply now by sending your CV, motivation letter and the contact details of 1 reference to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please clearly indicate your preferred starting date and salary expectations.